Trial Introductory Flight
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Tristar Aviation
Take control during this introductory training flight and experience flying from the pilot's seat! This Melbourne aircraft trial flight is your opportunity to live the dream. Take to the skies with an expert instructor, who will assist in making your very first flying lesson an event to remember!
- Pre-flight briefing
- Approximately 30 minutes flying time
Your light aircraft introductory flight commences with a classroom briefing on the functions of the aircraft's controls, plus all you need to know to enable you to control the aircraft on your first lesson. After briefing, the instructor will take you through the pre-flight inspection on your training aircraft before you take your place in the pilot's seat. Your instructor will talk you through the start up, taxiing and take-off, then you take to the sky for your first real flying experience!
The flight is to the south of Moorabbin Airport and lasts approximately 30 minutes. During this time you will have hands-on experience in flying the aeroplane. You will fly up to an exhilarating 2000-3000ft on your trial instructional flight! Following the flight there will be an opportunity for you to discuss any questions you have on flight training with your instructor. Please note: Due to the popularity of this experience, weekend appointments book well in advance. If you have a weekend date in mind please give advance notice.
Please book at least 8 weeks in advance for weekend sessions. Session numbers will be limited and slowly expanded as the situation allows.
- Minimum age is 15 years old
- Weight restrictions and surcharges apply if you weigh 100kg or more - please contact Tristar Aviation if you have any concerns as alternative arrangements can be made
Due to COVID 19 participants are requested to attend alone if possible, if someone needs to accompany them please limit to one person.
This experience departs from Moorabbin Airport, approximately 22km southeast of the Melbourne CBD.
How to Get There
This experience is located at 14 Northern Avenue, Moorabbin Airport, Mentone, Victoria, 3194. Detailed directions can be supplied on booking. Please ring supplier Tristar Aviation on 03 9580 6200 before your flight to ensure the experience is going ahead.
- Please allow 90 minutes, this includes briefing and approximately 30 minutes in the air
- Bookings can be made seven days per week during daylight hours
- Please allow for a waiting period of 4 weeks for weekdays and 8 weeks for weekends due to the popularity of this experience
- Experience not available between Christmas and New Years