Street Food Of Asia
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Otao Kitchen
Learn a new hobbie with this fun cooking class experience gift in Victoria for one.
Experience the best of Asian street food in Melbourne through a culinary journey across best street food destinations. Our knowledgeable expert chefs will lead the way through varied and vibrant cooking traditions, over engaging classes available either individually or as a package. Gain a hands-on understanding of how to prepare delectable and beautiful morsels of food. This class is carefully crafted to equip you with all the necessary skills to make Asian finger foods in your home, perhaps for your next party.
Our approachable yet professional techniques ensure that you become a master of street food and amaze your guests with the next party. Our long, hand-made spotted gum kitchen bench is where everyone cooks, creating an interactive and sociable experience for all. Starting with Thai street foods, we go through a humble yet inspiring monthly menu of finger foods and street foods from Japan, China, and Vietnam.
Join us for a truly unforgettable culinary experience and indulge in the best Asian street food in Melbourne!
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on experience lasts for 2 to 2.5 hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refreshment upon arrival
- Demonstrations and guided hands-on instruction coordinated by our chef instructors
- Prepare and cook a varied menu, utilising a wide range of techniques along the way
- Explore the creation of popular street food dishes
- Work either by yourself or with a partner
- Finish the class by tasting all of your creations with a glass of sparkling wine or beer
STREET FOOD THAILAND
Jan, May, Sep *all menus are subject to seasonal change
- Gai Tod Nam Pla- Fried Chicken
- Pad Thai- Stir-Fried Noodles
- Nam Tok Sen- 'Waterfall' Beef Salad with Glass Noodles
- Tom Kha - Lemongrass, coconut soup with chicken or prawns
STREET FOOD VIETNAMFeb, Jun, Oct *all menus are subject to seasonal change
- Bun Bo LA! la>>'t- Beef Wrapped in Betel Leaves with Rice Noodles
- NAEdega>>>c ChaoY=m- Fish Sauce Dressing
- BA!nh XA'o - Crispy Turmeric Pancakes
- BA2 Kho- Stewed Beef with Baguette and Annatto Seed
STREET FOOD CHINA
Mar, Jul, Nov *all menus are subject to seasonal change
- Chonqing - Fried Chicken with Sichaun Chillis
- Pai Huang Gua- Sichaun Pickled Cucumbers
- Hun Tun Tang- Pork and Prawn Wontons
- Hokkien Mee- Stir-fried noodles with Pork Belly
STREET FOOD JAPAN
Apr, Aug, Dec *all menus are subject to seasonal change
- Inarizushi- Tofu Pockets with Salmon
- Okonomiyaki- Savoury Bacon and Cabbage Pancake
- Enoki-Niku Maki- Beef Rolls with Enoki Mushrooms
- Age-Dash Tofu- Fried Tofu With Bonito Stock
- The street food of Asia has 4 menus for you to choose over 4 months. You can book one class (1 month) or book all four classes (4 months). The price is per class per person.
- This Street Food of Asia makes a great experience for your next: Work Christmas Party, Birthday party, Anniversary, Hens Party, Bucks Party, Team Building Cooking Party, Work Lunch and Dinner or Corporate Launch Event from 6-40 people. We are able to cater to dietary restrictions with advanced notice.
- For rescheduling made more than 14 days prior to the event, there is no charge to change to your new date. After the first date change, there will be $49pp per date change. For rescheduling made within 14 days prior to the event, we can only accept that you are being sick with a medical certificate, and we will still charge $49 for administration fee.
- No refund or reschedule will take effect (1) if you fail to arrive at the venue at the time stipulated, (2) if you voluntarily leave your class after it has commenced, (3) if you need to leave the event for reasons of bereavement, injury or illness. Travel insurance and medical insurance are therefore strongly recommended.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms
S Smith . Feb 2021
We loved our Vietnamese Street Food class, the host was lovely and engaging and the food was delicious!
Arthur C - Mar 2021
Personable and happy to help! Dylan made sure that everyone felt comfortable and confident with their progress.
Vesna Z - May 2023
My husband and I absolutely love this class the teacher was so wonderful showing us all the different ways of making Asian street food though I felt sorry for him because there was only one of him and there was a lot of students for him to go around and help other than that the food was absolutely great we had a wonderful time and I cannot wait until we get back to do the Vietnamese cookie class.