Premium Portrait Photography
Partner Name: Sydney Photographic Workshops
Premium and Intensive Portrait Photography Workshop taught by an internationally acclaimed AIPP Master Photographer.
Whether you want to shoot fashion models, loved ones or even corporate portraits, you will learn to use natural portrait lighting effects and in addition gain many handy posing, compositional and focusing tips.
We construct a series of 'pro-shoots' in various stimulating and exciting locations around Sydney. This fashion and portrait photography course runs for the entire day under the close supervision, guidance and instruction of your tutor, multi award winning, Master Photographer and a NSW AIPP Portrait Photographer of the Year, Daniel Linnet. Backed by a knowledgeable photographic assistant, Daniel shoots tethered to a lap-top for easy viewing and reference as he demonstrates.
This Workshop covers fashion and portraits, including models and loads more.
We begin by fuelling your inspiration with a presentation of outstanding portrait imagery and provision of a brief for the day to get your creative juices flowing. We utilise fabulous, friendly professional models for a beauty and fashion photography shoot and Sydney based actors / dancers for character portraits who make you feel at ease. You are served up a sumptuous catered working lunch and snacks throughout the day. This people portrait photography course is social, inspirational, educational and fun!
This workshop will provide you with the skills and confidence to take 'picture perfect' portrait photography. Suitable for any DSLR or Mirrorless or even Medium Format camera with inter- changeable lenses.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- The kit
- Preparing to shoot
- Making the creative decisions
- Exposure control
- Creating mood
- White balance techniques for accurate colour
- Working with depth & movement
- Creative composition & framing techniques
- Lens selection
- Background selection
- Portrait lighting techniques
- Lighting styles & directions
- Contrast control & lighting ratios
- Using scrims & reflectors
- Interacting with your subject
- Environmental portraiture - working within the environment
- Location lighting techniques
- Working within any lighting environment
- Using flash on location
- Natural & creative flash techniques
It includes the following:
- Internationally acclaimed AIPP Master Photographer / Tutor
- Photographers Assistant
- A professional and friendly fashion / beauty model
- A professional actor / character model
- A Host & Stylist
- Tutorial & objective brief for the days shoots
- Light refreshments throughout the day (includes water, juices & snacks)
- Sumptuous lunch
- Lighting & reflectors where required
- Location fees
- Studio equipment
- Transport van (where required)
- Wardrobe & costumes
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
Note: A tripod & lens hood are strongly recommended. If you do not already have these you should consider purchasing them at your earliest convenience as they are an essential part of any good photography kit.
THIS WORKSHOP STARTS AND FINISHES AT OUR STUDIO AT 7 MITCHELL ROAD, ALEXANDRIA, NSW, 2015. WE TRAVEL TO VARIOUS LOCATIONS AROUND SYDNEY DURING THE DAY AND TRANSPORT WILL BE PROVIDED
* Images by Tutor Daniel Linnet, taken during the actual workshop.