Melbourne Sports Lovers 3/4 Day Tour With Melbourne Cricket Ground And Australian Sports Museum
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Show Me Melbourne
Sports Lovers Tour with MCG tour and Australian Sports Museum
Visit the venues that host Australia'ss favourite sporting events. View Flemington, home of the Melbourne Cup 'the horse race that stops the nation'. Drive through the Commonwealth Games Athletes Village and around Albert Park on the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix Circuit.
MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND - Tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The MCG is Australia's most significant sports stadium. Dating back to 1853, it has been used for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football and so much more.
Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, walk on the hallowed arena and experience where legends play! Gain an insight into Melbourne's sporting culture while exploring one of the world's most iconic stadiums, as you hear from the proud MCC volunteers and go behind the scenes of the 'G.
Highlights of the tour (subject to availability) are: The famous MCC Long Room, MCC Library, MCG Tapestry, Player Change Rooms, Cricketers Viewing Room, Ron Casey Media Centre, Portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar, a walk on the arena, Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre, Ponsford Stand
AUSTRALIAN SPORTS MUSEUM - Visit the Australian Sports Museum located beneath the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground, home to Australia'ss most extensive collection of sporting heritage and multi-media displays. The Australian Sports Museum isn'st your typical museum. It'ss an exciting, interactive and ever-changing experience where the latest technology has been used to create immersive exhibits and galleries. It'ss a place to explore, discover and play. This is no ordinary museum!
Cafe lunch with a drink is included.
* Minimum 6 people required for this tour depart.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours do not operate from mid-December through to mid-February; and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen or an umbrella where necessary.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking as parts of this tour will take place on foot.
* Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the tour to cater for city drop-offs.