Melbourne Sports Lovers 3/4 Day Tour With Melbourne Cricket Ground And Australian Open Tour
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Show Me Melbourne
Be delighted with this sport tour experience gift in Victoria for one.
PLEASE NOTE: Availability for this tour is currently only released on a month-by-month basis. If the date you are seeking does not appear in the calendar, please check back later. Alternatively, call us on +613 9372 7636 so we can make a note of your interest and keep you informed of changes.
SPORTS LOVERS TOUR with Melbourne Cricket Ground AND Australian Open Tours
Visit the venues that play host to some of Australia'ss favourite sporting events. View Flemington, home of the Melbourne Cup 'the horse race that stops the nation'. Drive through the Commonwealth Games Athletes Village and around Albert Park, on the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix Circuit.
MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND - Tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The MCG is Australia's most significant sports stadium. Dating back to 1853, it has been used for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football and so much more.
Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, walk on the hallowed arena and experience where legends play! Gain an insight into Melbourne's sporting culture while exploring one of the world's most iconic stadiums, as you hear from the proud MCC volunteers and go behind the scenes of the 'G.
Highlights of the tour (subject to availability) are: The famous MCC Long Room, MCC Library, MCG Tapestry, Player Change Rooms, Cricketers Viewing Room, Ron Casey Media Centre, Portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar, a walk on the arena, Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre, Ponsford Stand
AUSTRALIAN OPEN TOUR - Tour behind-the-scenes of the Melbourne Park precinct - home of the worlds biggest January sporting event - The Australian Open. Visitors will experience a unique tour through one of Australia's most dynamic sports and entertainment venues. On non-event days you will explore the hidden gems and player areas of Rod Laver or Margaret Court Arenas. Even when access is restricted on Event Days, the tour still provides a great experience. Walk through the areas only few see: the new and world-class Player Pod, training areas, changing rooms, player lounge and underground paths are just some examples of the places you might experience on an Aus Open Tour.
**On Event Days, tours may have restricted access - your guide will try as hard as possible to take you on as much of the tour as is possible.
**This tour is unavailable from mid-December until mid-February.
* Minimum 6 people required for this tour depart.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours do not operate from mid-December through to mid-February; and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen or an umbrella where necessary.
* There is no dress code however we recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking as parts of this tour take place on foot.
* Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the tour to cater for city drop-offs.