Japanese Cooking Master Class
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Otao Kitchen
Discover a new activity with this exciting cooking class experience gift in Victoria for one.
With a focus on using only the freshest seasonal produce, we meticulously prepare each dish to be both visually stunning and delicious. Learn to make the most popular Japanese dishes at home with our small and friendly group lessons.
Our hands-on classes cater to a wide range of experience levels, from beginner to advanced. Discover the fundamentals of Japanese ingredients and flavours, how to create Japanese recipes to suit your palate, and gain access to insider tips, tricks, and techniques. We use only the highest quality ingredients, providing you with the opportunity to indulge in an exquisite meal.
Enjoy this culinary adventure shared with others and celebrate together with your choice of sparkling wine or beer. Join us today for an unforgettable Japanese culinary experience.
- Learn the fundamentals of Japanese ingredients and flavours
- How to create Japanese recipes yourself and to your palette
- Japanese cooking tips, tricks, and techniques
- Use of the freshest Japanese quality food and ingredients provided
- A delicious meal celebrated and enjoyed together, toasted with sparkling wine or beer
- Online recipes from your class so you can recreate them at home
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on Japanese cooking class experience lasts for approximately 3 hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- Demonstration of the Japanese cooking class recipes by your Chef
- Chopping, rolling, folding and preparing your dishes - all hands-on
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wine
SAMPLE MENU *seasonal changes applyJan Mar May Jul Sep Nov
- Makizushi- Sushi Rolls with Seasonal Fish and Vegetables
- Miso Shiru - Seasonal Miso Soup
- Seasonal Tempura - Mixed, Fried Vegetables, Prawn, and Soba Noodles
- Okonomiyaki- Pork and Cabbage Pancake
- Tataki Ponzu- Seasonal Fish with Citrus Soy Sauce
- Ramen- Alkaline Noodle
- Dashi- Seafood Stock
- Kara-age - Fried Chicken
- Nasu Age Bitashi- Fried and Marinated Eggplant
- Our Japanese cooking classes are a perfect solution for your Christmas Party, Birthday party, Anniversary, Hens Party, Bucks Party, Team Building Cooking, Work lunch and dinner or Corporate event. We can cater to different dietary requirements - please let us know by email email@example.com
- For rescheduling made more than 14 days prior to the event, there is no charge to change to your new date. After the first date change, there will be $49pp per date change. For rescheduling made within 14 days prior to the event, we can only accept that you are being sick with a medical certificate, and we will still charge $49 for administration fee.
- No refund or reschedule will take effect (1) if you fail to arrive at the venue at the time stipulated, (2) if you voluntarily leave your class after it has commenced, (3) if you need to leave the event for reasons of bereavement, injury or illness. Travel insurance and medical insurance are therefore strongly recommended.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms
Sarah L . Jan 2021
I loved the teaching style, the food that we made was amazing and the ingredients quality was very good. I definitely recommend this class.
G2018JUcarolinel . Jan 2021
This class was extremely well organised and the communication after initial booking was very informative. Chef Dylan was very accomplished, friendly and welcoming. The produce supplied was really fresh and the food we made was delicious! I now have the confidence to attempt some Japanese food at home. Thank you for an excellent experience.
KSMJ . Jan 2021
I attended the Japanese Cooking Masterclass at Otao Kitchen as a single participant and found the experience to be very enjoyable.
The class time took approximately 3 hours and working in pairs, we prepared Makizushi-sushi rolls, okonomiyaki and ramen noodles. We then enjoyed eating what we ate with a drink.
The instructor, Chef Dylan was very knowledgeable and ran a good class. I feel confident that I will be able to recreate the dishes prepared during the class in my own kitchen. I definitely plan to attend another class in the future at Otao kitchen.
Joel Jackson - Feb 2023
Hello team, thank you firstly for a wonderful opportunity to learn so much in such a short period of time. The class was laid out exceptionally well and we moved with efficiency, care and detail through so many dishes - I was quite amazed. Our teachers were direct, ready for questions and so wonderfully helpful. The style of the lessons were open, cohesive and user friendly.
The venue was incredibly clean, well maintained and prepared and the atmosphere with a little background music, lighting and joviality was fantastic. Thank you! If anything, I was the only one in the class who printed my menu and brought it into class to make notes as we went along and because of how many dishes we made I found it to be extremely helpful in arranging my thoughts and keeping track of what we had created and what were the tidbits we were learning. But all in all, a fantastic experience I would recommend in a heartbeat! Thank you