Bruny Island discovery tour
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Adventure Trails Tasmania
Address: Hobart Tasmani
Treat yourself with this special day tour experience gift in Tasmania for one.
First of all this is an all inclusive Tasmanian Experience.
Let us take you off the beaten path on our Bruny Island Discovery Day Tour to discover Bruny'ss lifestyle, walking trails and local artisans. Slow down, understand where you are and adopt the island pace of life.
To understand the Island and its character, you need a local guide that has years of experience and a wealth of knowledge and network. The Island breathes beauty within its natural landscape, historical drama and achievement, devastation and resilience. Not to mention telanted locals with creative produce. We can bring all things raw, wild and from the past to your day on Bruny Island.
We also understand and specialise in guests needs and interests while on tour, below is a sample itinerary and of course we can modify to suit. So please get in touch to share with us your preferences. This is an all inclusive Bruny Island experience.
Bruny Island Discovery Day Tour Itinerary
- 7:00am pick up from your accommodation in the Hobart area
- Head south along the old coastal road, gather fresh fruit along the way
- Arrive at Kettering to catch the ferry, for a 15-minute ferry ride across the D'sEntrecasteaux channel. Dock on the North end of Bruny Island at Roberts Point and drive south.
- As we head south if indicated during booking, we can gather local produce,eg. Cheese and oysters, for a special coastal morning tea.
- Take in the view from The iconic Neck Reserve lookout and penguin colony.
- If you enjoy hiking, enjoy an optional three-hour, 6km bushwalk to either (depending on weather)
- Fluted Cape
- Mars Bluff
- Enjoy a vineyard lunch at Bruny Island Premium Wines.
- After lunch we have the choice of three activities please advise your preferred option at time of booking.
- A tour of the Cape Bruny Lighthouse, built in 1834 to guide vessels around the most southern tip of Bruny Island
- Visit the Inala Nature Reserve and Gondwanan Jurassic Garden to discover Bruny'ss native flora & fauna, birds, fossils, gemstones and shells in the nature museum.
- Explore of Heba private garden and tessellated pavement and Bruny Island Chocolate and fudge (tastings are available at additional cost).
. Guide and Private transport
. Ferry return from Bruny Island.
. Oysters and cheese
. Park fees
. Winery lunch
. Lighthouse tour.
. Stainless steel water bottles and fresh water.
The itinerary above is a guideline to the day on Bruny Island, please contact us directly for group rates and to understand your needs and interests.