Autopia Tours: Katherine Gorge Cruise + Edith Falls From Darwin
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Get Lost Travel - Northern Territory (Autopia Tour
Address: NT 083
This fare price is for a Katherine Gorge Cruise + Edith Falls full-day tour.
TOUR CODE: KG-B
OPERATES: Wed, Sat, Sun (May-Oct) / *Sun (*all year)
TOUR DURATION: 13 Hours
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Travelodge Resort Darwin, 64 Cavenagh St, Darwin City NT 0800.
- Enjoy the stunning views of Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) on a boat cruise surrounded by breathtaking high cliffs
- Explore the amazing Nitmiluk National Park and of the Jawoyn people a region spanning more than 292,000 hectares
- Meander through the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre with cultural displays and information, souvenirs and refreshments
- Support local by purchasing breakfast and/or lunch refreshments in Adelaide River, Pine Creek or at the Nitmiluk Visitor Centre
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the tranquil tiered plunge pools at Edith Falls (Leliyn) *swimming is subject to seasonality
- A must-do day trip when visiting the Top End!
Join us to discover one of the Top End'ss most beautiful attractions, Nitmiluk National Park. Heading out of topical Darwin in the morning we travel south along the famous Stuart Highway through the townships of Adelaide River and Pine Creek towards Katherine. Take in unlimited flora and fauna, endemic to this wonderful region of the Northern Territory and relax as your guide provides historical and cultural commentary throughout your journey. A must-see inclusion in your day is the NitNit Dreaming two-hour Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) boat cruise where you will journey through the middle of cliff faces 70m high with the sun'ss natural lighting providing ever-changing colours throughout the landscape and rock formations. Soak in the authentic culture and stories of the traditional owners of the land, the Jawoyn people of Katherine as you are guided through this wonderful area, before you disembark and we make our way to the picturesque Edith Falls (Leliyn) region *subject to boat cruise timing, Edith Falls (Leliyn) will be visited either prior to or after the Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) boat cruise. Subject to seasonality and conditions, feel free to take a refreshing dip in the huge natural plunge pool of Edith Falls (Leliyn) or simply relax and take in your surroundings, as it'ss then time to meander our way back through the townships of Pine Creek and Adelaide River on the route and enjoy the remainder of your evening in Darwin. Meals: n/a. Driving Distance: 780 kms. Walking Distance: 200m.
*Autopia Tours reserves the right to alter the route or itinerary schedule during seasonal weather fluctuations and/or during park closures due to traditional landowner ceremonies.
- National Park entry fee
- 2-hour Katherine Gorge cruise
- Guided bush walks
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver guide
- Air-conditioned coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Selected Darwin inner-city pick-up/drop-off points
- Any meals not indicated within the itinerary - at the guest'ss own expense
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
2L Refillable water bottle, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, beach towel, and swimwear, comfortable walking shoes (tread closed-toe shoes), all-weather comfortable clothing, tropical strength insect repellent, small day pack 5-7kg, money for snack and meals, camera to capture every moment, binoculars for wildlife spotting.
Child fare prices apply from 6 to 12 years old. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years old and under, due to safety requirements and the level of fitness required to complete the walks.
The weather in the Northern Territory can fluctuate and be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius in the dry season and in the evening the temperature drops dramatically. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing. In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- This itinerary may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally spots in the parks close or do not allow swimming. As safety is our top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks.
- Child policy 6 years old and over, not suitable for children 5 years old and under.
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility-impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person.
- All tours must be re-confirmed with the operator within 7 days prior to departure on 03 9393 1333.
- Please notify the tour operator of any preexisting medical conditions prior to departure.