30 Minute Seacliff Bridge
Included in the gift box: Unique
Partner Name: Touchdown Helicopters
Fill your life with adrenaline with this helicopter flight experience gift in New South Wales for one.
- From Wollongong Harbour to the Seacliff Bridge and all the beautiful beaches in-between.
- A packed 30 minute schedule of spectacular mountain, and ocean views
- Experience the unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
- Departing from our beachside base only 2km south of Wollongong Harbour
- Keep a lookout for whales and dolphins
- Informed commentary from your friendly pilot
- A comfortable helipad viewing lounge for all your family and friends
- Free tea and coffee before and after your experience
- Wollongong Harbour
- Bulli & Austinmer Beaches
- Illawarra Escarpment
- Ocean cliff faces
- Seacliff Bridge
- Historic Stanwell Park
- Bulli Pass
- Mount Keira
- Headsets are available for all passengers inside the helicopter so that they can talk to each other and share the experience while flying.
- Feel free to engage your friendly pilot for his informed narrative and commentary
- Customers should allow 1 hour in total for the whole experience including check-in, safety briefing, photo opportunity around the helicopters, boarding, flight time and then disembarking after flight.
- Free tea and coffee facilities, as well as a comfortable viewing lounge overlooking the helipad, is available for all passengers as well as for family and friends spectating on the ground.
- Safety is paramount. All safety processes and procedures as required by Touchdown Helicopters and the governments Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) are strictly adhered to in all aspects of conducting this scenic flight.
Detailed Tour Description
Your helicopter flight will depart from our base at Wollongong Heliport, located on the coast just 2km's south of Wollongong Harbour. So buckle up quickly cos the amazing views will be coming thick and fast.
Keep a lookout for those at work and play both in the ocean and on the shoreline. From swimmers at Austimer and Thirroul Beaches to surfers at Bellambi Point, sailing yachts and fishing trawlers at Wollongong Harbour and even dolphins and whales. The Illawarra is teaming with visitors from far and wide who just can'st get enough of our beautiful coastline.
Even before you clear the grounds of the heliport you'll already be able to see the lighthouse at Flagstaff Point and the coastline beyond. On a clear day you can see all the way to Jibbon Point in the Royal National Park which is only 15kms from Sydney International Airport
Climbing out of the heliport to a height of about 1000ft, Wollongong City Beach will be underneath, a 3km stretch of white sand that is one of The 'Gong's most popular beaches for both swimmer and surfers alike. As we continue to fly along City Beach, if you've ever wanted to see the home of the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium from the air then your wish is about to come true.
Only minutes after departure, you'll be flying over the coast looking down at the beating heart of The 'Gong - Wollongong Harbour and the Blue Mile connecting it to North Beach. A working harbour with fishing trawlers regularly departing, arriving and unloading but also with cafe's, restaurants, walking paths, cycles paths and coffee shops for the connoisseur; the Harbour is a tourist mecca for visitors to the area. You'll see it from the air and only a 5 minute drive from our heliport will get you amongst it all when you are back on the ground.
As you fly further north up the coast towards the Seacliff Bridge, the mountains of the Illawarra Escarpment converge with the coastline to make the view even that much more spectacular. Watch out for the popular beaches of Thirroul and Austinmer on the way as well as The Scarborough Hotel - a pub with one of the most amazing beer gardens, sitting on top of a cliff 80m above sea level.
With so much to see make sure you are ready for the amazing Seacliff Bridge. Named in a competition by an 11 year old local primary school student and gaining international recognition as one of the drawcard attractions for visitors to the area, its expanse can only truly be appreciated from the air. Now a part of the Grand Pacific Drive, The Seacliff Bridge is technically a balanced cantilever design placed just far enough out over the rockpools and beaches to prevent the crumbling escarpment from putting dents in the roofs of passing cars.
And last on the itinerary for your coastal flight is Bald Hill, presiding over Wollongong's most northern suburb of Stanwell Park. Bald by name and bald by nature it is the perfect launching spot for the myriad hangliders and paragliders that rise aloft and then land on the beach below throughout the year.
The return flight back to base will give you a chance to take a closer look at the Illawarra Escarpment. You'll fly by the tourist lookouts at The Southern Gateway Centre at the top of Bulli Pass as well as on the top of Mount Keira, 464m about sea level, before descending back to our base at Wollongong Heliport.